PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A Woodford visit before it closes
View Single Post
Old 27th Aug 2011, 18:51
igarratt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Woodford plans

Thank you Sir George Cayley and Shaggy Sheep Driver very worthwhile posts and points of view that reflect mine.

The runway is actually split right down the middle by Stockport MBC and Cheshire East

A nice picture is at

The additional areas of Northern meds and Southern meds are the areas that come under Stockport MBC and are highly likely to be come housing etc, while all decisions and promises can be changed it is assumed and stated in multiple places that the other areas of Woodfords foot print will not be built on.

While we can see that a runway strip could come from Stockport MBC or Cheshire East fig 2:

shows that the new Poynton bypass (if/when built) has had to go around the Woodford site by some distance and I think It’s quite likely this will now go directly though the runway, in addition it would I’m sure from a pilots view and for the neighbours not to have the final approach / climb out area directly over Poynton !

Cheshire East I believe prefers nice green pastures for the cows where Stockport side more with development.

I share you opinion that GA is far from doom and gloom, Oxford Aviation expanding at Woodford, Multi flight new base at Blackpool, 2 local flying schools buying brand new a/c due to demand and personally plenty of new PPL/Commercial students coming in the door.

Last movement….. lets say “for now” was a PA28 G-CPTM some pictures of it and the other visitors that came to say goodbye at http://www.civilianaviation.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&p=26272

Never mind SSD maybe the Chippy
can be the first to land at the new Woodford airfield

Avturboy: the thought that anyone has the time (and certainly the money) to be forward thinking seems like something of a pipe dream ..

Avturboy, you are correct I am a bit of a dreamer, I guess maybe like many pilots on here. Personally I find it hard to believe that anyone that has learnt how to fly at some point has not been at least a little bit of a dreamer.

Ian