PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is aviation in Africa really unsafe?
View Single Post
Old 27th Aug 2011, 17:01
maxrated

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DRPAM007

Moving back, if I may, to the original subject of this thread, I think the overwhelming theme is that it is pointless to try an improve aviation safety in Africa when things on the ground are still chaotic.

Aviation in any region is an integral part of the socio/political/economic system and untill such time as those systems are funtional the air safety factor will be non or semi functional at best.

The solution therefore is to get the useless fekkers who currently (miss)rule large swathes of the African continent, out of power, replace them with people who are competant and honest, and then we can all move forward from there. Untill such time as this happens you may as well be p1ssing into the sea for all that your efforts will achieve.

You are clearly passionate in your ambition to do something about flying saftey in Africa, which is noble of you indeed.

In this regard, there are over 800 airfileds throughout Sudan , less than 100 of them have windsocks. There is a container load of brand new donor sponsored windsocks ( about a thousand) languishing in a UN/Red Cross shipping container in Port Sudan where it has been impounded for the past 15 years. No amount of political wrangling has been able to get this container released.

Why dont you take this on as a project and if you are succesfull in getting these windsocks released and distributed, you would have improved aviation safety in Sudan by 800 percent.

I know its not a grand project but it is something that is realistic with definable aims, and it will definately make aviation in Africa safer.