PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF447 wreckage found
View Single Post
Old 27th Aug 2011, 11:13
grizzled

Received 78 Likes on 14 Posts
BOAC...

"SHOULD be enough" would be correct if training and licensing were the same (or even similar) to the days when folks like you were trained. Sadly, it just ain't so today.

DOZY...

Your post #3318 sums up well (IMO) one of the major contributing factors to this convoluted, intriguing and tragic chain of events which we call an accident. I'm certain you are right about the human factors discussions going on for the next few decades -- as will the discussions of other aspects of this occurrence, hopefully.

LYBEARMANFOIL...

I have removed my comment, as Lyman has modified his post

AMOS2...

There are plenty of well thought out posts, even well posed questions from SLF. Just try to weed as you read and mentally toss out the chaff, rather than let it ruin the harvest. (Though it does make one wish sometimes that there was a better format than pprune. When it comes to aviation there isn't.)

There are many of us who don't post nearly as much as we used to (especially re AF447) but we do read the threads. And we PM a lot. (Maybe I'm just lucky that I find a few ounces of whisky more therapeutic than posting.)

Last edited by grizzled; 28th Aug 2011 at 09:48.