PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is aviation in Africa really unsafe?
View Single Post
Old 27th Aug 2011, 02:31
DRPAM007

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A breath of Fresh air......

Odericko2000,

DRPAM007, sorry this isnt suppose to degenerate to where it has, it should have been a sober minded discussion on the cons in terms of safety in the continent and what can be done to make it better,
You're quite right as to the objective of the thread, but as you've noticed there seem to be some continous moderate distraction that tends to steer the discourse off course. But every noble course must expect some sort of resistance. The idea is to get input from those who truly want to see improvements in Aviation safety in Africa. I expect Africans of all shades or creed will be interested in such a venture, primary because it is their home.

There's been a good number of balanced, thought provoking and positive contributions from some great individuals on the subject. However, it's still early days and I'm still hoping for more input from African aviators.
The salvation of Africa does not lie in the goodwill from the donor nations. That goodwill began an ended with missionaries in the 18th century. Nowadays most charities are controlled by government handlers and protocol.
Government aids and Grants are for all intents and purposes "Government baits and gags". Foreign governments, businesses, e.t.c are only intent on fostering and protecting their "permanent interests" which is to maintain their " competitive advantage over Africa."in other words, plunder, control dominate, etc. We await the arrival of the next stooge in Libya and the return of the European oil companies to the negotiate contracts of 2009 between Blair and Ghaddafi.
Lets hope We Africans recognize it.
Sadly, that's how international politics and diplomacy works.

Ps
Why do I have this nagging feeling that with the proliferation of nuclear energy in electrical power generation, our generous donor nations have not covertly hatched a plan to use some parts of Africa as a dumping ground for the "high
Level radioactive waste" that is a bye product of the industry? I recall the environmentalist disapproved of France's underground storage facility and the French said it was an interim measure. So, what is the "final solution"?

Last edited by DRPAM007; 27th Aug 2011 at 02:48.