PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BIRMINGHAM - 5
Thread: BIRMINGHAM - 5
View Single Post
Old 26th Aug 2011, 17:05
ATNotts

Received 292 Likes on 163 Posts
Helicraig:

I don't believe you understand what Kehoe's job is, and what he was trying to get across, although I think he is rather over-egging the pudding if he actually said what the Birmingham Post says he did!

PK's job is to make profits for the shareholders, something which, despite these recessionary times, he has succeeded in doing last year. He said that by diluting short haul business between CVT and BHX, profits will be hit, and that this could effect development of long haul services.

However, I think what he is quoted as saying is nonsense on two grounds. First, CVT will never entice the major European carriers to Baginton and it's their business that makes the profits, rather than the likes of Ryanair who really want to pay nothing to BHX to use the facilities, hence the various other rip-off charges that PAX have to pay. Second, an extra 400m will not guarantee a singe extra longhaul service. That requires a sound business case being put to Asian carriers, and some work by the marketing department!!