PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jade Cargo
Thread: Jade Cargo
View Single Post
Old 26th Aug 2011, 16:16
Jaz and the Fat Man

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jade conditions

As with any airline, there is always the highs and lows and currently Jade is trying to make things better to stem the loss of pilots. The best thing about Jade, the training is fairly short, in comparison with other Chinese companies, the pay is pretty good, as for an FO, the in the bank amount is around 10K USD and for a PICC, it's around 11K USD. Don't ask me for a break down, that's in the pocket total. FO's upgrading, they are trying but the Government keeps putting up a wall. Some of the PICC's have upgraded recently. Since things have been at a kind of low, it's probably not a bad time, if you've been considering, as there is no doubt the conditions will start to improve. Right now, expect 10 days off per month in a row and that's burning two days vacation. There is not any base other than Shenzhen however, they have been good about giving guys living in Europe, the opportunity to start and stop there. If you're living in FRA, you might get off in AMS or FRA, it's a toss up but they do work with you and since there has been quite a few guys leave, I'm thinking they might try just a bit harder. However, with that said, I've put enough time in there and listened to empty promises, I'm not going to hang around any longer than the next decent job offer. But that's me, not the pilot group as a whole, which is probably happy in their own way.