PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Off-set in Chineese Airspace
View Single Post
Old 26th Aug 2011, 15:14
B737NG

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Simply they do not trust the RVSM system. If all fly 3 / 6 NM right of track then the wake turbulence can hit you still, SLOP is something diffrent.

It is true that China is far behind the rest of the World, directs, shortcuts no possible. I had a discussion once with the Controller, (poor Guy) because the Squall Line was not conform with the Military requirements. My only option was either right by 60 Degrees or 180 Degrees back, STBY was the answer, a CB does not wait longer as the Shanghai Frequency was jammed as usual and the chatter is almost 24/7.

Another problem you face usually in Chinese Airspace is the early descent when you fly to a Chinese destination, 200 NM before to of descent with 2000 ft per min or greater. Standart, maybe that is the only English phrase they know in some cases. When I compare flying first time over 10 Years ago in the Chinese Airspace and today I can see some improvements, but far away what would be required.

I am just wondering when the Airlines are starting to calculate the higer fuel burn for that waste of energy and .... do they have no Children or Grandchildren who need to breathe fresh air in the future? Pollution is high, early descends are contributing to it as well. Just a though.

When you fly from Mongolia towards Quingdao is a Airway available (W12) but 1 out of 100 cases only used, why ? because the Airline could save 5 -6 min flight time and the Chinese are asking for more Airway Fee. Therefore we fly Southbound to CG and then Eastbound instead of cutting the Corner.

Just some of the insight discussions when you talk to them. In US / CA Airspace you get directs and all are beneficaries.... Time to think about the future and a clean Air.

Fly safe and land Happy

NG