PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - OMAN AIR PILOTS ON STRIKE
View Single Post
Old 26th Aug 2011, 14:49
kotakota

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Get your facts right Cruize , its NOT Omanair pilots on strike , its Omani pilots ( and not all of them I might add ) who have taken a collective sickie , mainly on the 330 fleet . There are many issues here , the Flight Pay Allowance scheme has not been adjusted to reflect the longhaul element which is relatively new to Omanair . It is still Flight Duty Time based , rather than away-from-base , so there is the rather ridiculous situation where the short-haul crew earn more . Anybody with seniority who left 737 for 330 has taken a hit , and is not home very often ! ( Personally , I have always reckoned that all fleets should enjoy the same pay and conditions . The Widebody Theory has always been b*****ks , BA have always got this right so their pilots can bid for a lifestyle that suits them and not be financially penalised ).
Sadly , the management were happy to meet most of the pilots demands , but other elements have conspired to scupper any progress - mostly the ' pilots are overpaid and I am not at all jealous ' ( NOT ) brigade .
I think this sickie will be shortlived and that the game is not over yet , for sure.