PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Some are saying Right & Some are saying Left
Old 26th Aug 2011, 14:29
206Fan
RotorHead

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
IMM,

As already stated above you DO NOT need a Degree to become a Pilot. The only door a Degree will get you through is the likes of the Cathay Pacific Cadet Programe in Hong Kong which accepts Degrees as an educational entry requirement to the programe but it is not required.

According to your profile your only 20 Years of age, plenty of time ahead of you. If I was you I would go to University and do a Degree completely unrelated to Aviation (Engineering for example).

What you could do is:

1) Go to University, do your Degree, get your Class 2 Medical and start working on your PPL License in your spare time if it isn't an issue.

2) Go to University, complete your Degree, get a good job after graduating then start worrying about the flying when you have a good income to fund it thus avoiding taking out any loans from the bank.

3) Go to University, get your Degree, get a good job as above and save for a few years then take the plunge and go abroad to do all the training when you have sufficient funds saved.

Remember that you will also have the Degree as a back up if the Aviation Industry decided to turn sour again down the line and you were out of a flying job.

That is my 2 cents but you may come up with a better plan to suit yourself.

Good luck with whatever route you decide to take!