PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The EK Screwtape Letters
View Single Post
Old 26th Aug 2011, 12:21
disconnected

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Superb post Pixy.

Imagine the credibility and impact if we could all contain our comments to relevant issues, written coherently and without the thread being diluted by bickering and childish comments.

I have no problem with the fuel policy but like Pixy, I do object to the data being collected especially as we have never been told this was going to happen or how the system works. If it is being stored as part of your personal profile then this begs the question of what else is being recorded without our knowledge. Shouldn't we then have the right to see this on our own HR profile like productivity, sick days, etc. ?

Seems to be legally questionable, but I'm not a lawyer. What else are they keeping records on? Our DNA?

I personally have never recieved a letter and would be seriously offended if I did. Like everyone else I take fuel if I need it and won't if I don't

If they want control on this then take the decision away from us entirely but at the same time take on the responsibility. I will land if I think I need to or not go at all if I can't persuade them to put more on.

They probably want this decision. This is the way of doing it while still being able to blame someone else if it doesnt work out well.