PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Some are saying Right & Some are saying Left
Old 26th Aug 2011, 12:01
imm

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Some are saying Right & Some are saying Left

The title is to attract you guys. Hope I am a bit successful in attracting you.
I graduated from an American High School from Doha-Qatar in May 2011. As usual a childhood dream to fly & become an airline pilot. Since this May I am just surfing net how to start my airline career. Met a Captain who had flew more than 40 years of his life, asked him what should I do. His answer was just join ATP flight school (USA) get your ppl,cpl & try your best to get an instructor job there. Fly more than 1,500 hours & apply for ATPL. If you are successful in getting your ATPL then try some airlines you can get a job as a pilot there. Meet a first officer he gave same advice. Both of them are currently working at Qatar Airways. I met them in personal.

From internet I came to know that training is not enough I have to get a degree or a bachelor.

My brother meet a second officer who did his study South Africa for "5" years, he got a cpl with a degree in aviation.

If the degree is important so is it necessary to get a degree in aviation or it can be in any field or a diploma can be also enough to get a job in airline.

I really need your help guys. I am stuck in between advises. I don't want to waste money because someone is else is paying my father is dead & I belong to working class family. I have to pay him back.

Please help & if anyone wants to make fun so on another thread.