PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aer Lingus incident in SNN
View Single Post
Old 26th Aug 2011, 10:04
accelalt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Guys,

I have asked permission from a friend of mine who works in Aer Arann to say the following, and he is so concerned about safety that he has agreed.

I am a regular pax on the regional service and use it to a specific destination on average, twice a week. I am well known to the crew on that route.

This particular flight into Shannon was not handled properaly. The crew should have gone around much earlier and if not happy with the second attempt, diverted.

I apologise for my flippant remark re 20 hour PPL earlier but I was aware of certain facts that clouded my judgment and I was angry because I fly with them regularly. I hold a PPL and keep it current and I couldnt believe that an accidient - not incident, such as this could have been swept under the carpet in such a fashion by the regulator.

The head of training in Aer Arann is over seventy and is still there because he enjoys such a very good and cosy relationship with the IAA. The pilot involved in the accident is a particular favorite of his, hence the incrediblely lenient treatment offered by the airline. Still flying after such an accidend - beggars belief.

I am a fare paying pax, and my tax dollars are spent proping up this redicilous outfit. Aer Arann recieved in excess of 100 million euro in state subsidy since its foundation and as for the IAA (institute against aviation), utter spineless morons. Well you know what, I have had enough. I have penned three letters to the IAA, AER (just for you A pumps) Lingus and Aer Arann asking why my safety was compromised by allowing this crew to continue to operate while a serious accidient investigating was on going.

A go around is a maneuver designed to be implemented well in advance of a suitation getting out of hand. By defination it is planned. Also there is no, I repeat, no documented case of windshear below 50 feet on the hundred of millions of approches made by a/c on a daily basis across the globe - none. It occurs much earlier on the approch, hence the planned go around or evasive maneuver.

Finaly, if anyone is in any doubt as to the seriousness of this accident, NONE of the cabin crew have flown since. One was so traumatised by the experience, he needed to be off loaded from a flight days later and transported bact to Dublin via the ferry.

Does EICK and Manx ring any bells