PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A Woodford visit before it closes
View Single Post
Old 26th Aug 2011, 09:07
igarratt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy woodford what next

I've heard some positive stories, some involving a certain FTO that is already at woodford and will be staying there long term.
From what I understand in regard to BAE there is very little chance that while they still own the property they will permit any ops to go on, I gather this is all down to liability and bae not wanting to take any risks.

My personal hope is that 'someone' will purchase the land, either the whole site to sell it off in bits of just the airfield and then lease it out.

There are a number of us that if this was proposed have the skills knowledge, finances and time to run a successful airfield and flying school but sadly not the finances to buy the site.

It would be great if this could happen sooner rather than later, based on the fact that we dont want to place to go to ruin but there is a long winded public consultation and planning process that mcr city council is running and the expected date to even get a firm decision on whats going to happen on the site is not due until late 2012.

If I should get any more info or developments I'll post them on this thread and/or if anyone has any ideas or possible investors that are interested in a GA solution feel free to drop me a PM

Regards Ian