PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Northcoast Aviation in PNG
View Single Post
Old 21st Oct 2002, 14:02
1hitwonder

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
crap

Hey Wahgi,

No offence. You must be very narrow minded or good friends with GT or both. Dont you think that OCA knows well and truely whats going on with NCA, surely they cant be that stupid or can they? Dont you think that OCA would of shut down NCA a veery long time ago. They have been doing IFR command renewals in VFR Islanders for over five years just like commonground has mentioned. They wont shut them down and never will. What will happen to all those poor village people and all that government revenue that gets pocketed.

After 10 aircraft accidents in around ten years, do you blame
NCA for these once common mishaps? Or do you blame the poorly trained pilots pressured into pleasing and doing favours for his new CP? Busting duty times, Overloading, IFR in VFR aircraft, Flying with malaria because theres no-one else to fly the plane, landing in some of the shortest strips in the world with leaking brakefluid faulty brakes, flying an Islander that will go through nearly 8 qts of oil a day in one engine etc etc etc. Either way somebody needs to get shafted, and ill bet you two dollars its always the pilots that will with NCA. Praise god somebody had the balls to stand up to the company. Hopefully others will follow too. Im no ex-MBA cadet, but from what I heard, they at least have a safety record now. No aircraft accidents since the inception of these delightful young men, who were trained to proper airline standard. Is it just me, or is it only NCA that seems to wanna do things their way. The profit making way. A very inhumane and inhospitable way. I feel for the pilots and the poor pax that have to deal with these unfortunate circumstances.Ask yourself this question Evil Lake...How desperate are you? Risking your life to the benifit of your logbook. There is certainly only so much one can take. Like others have mentioned, there are alot better operators in PNG. All the pilots I know say that the flying is invaluble and I couldnt agree more. Its because they have all learnt the true value of living. Ask them if they will ever go back and im sure you will hear some interesting answers. If you really feel the urge to take on an adventure, I suggest think carefully on what you choose. I hear Africa is great this time of year!!

Goodluck!!!!!!!!

Last edited by 1hitwonder; 21st Oct 2002 at 14:28.