PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The EK Screwtape Letters
View Single Post
Old 26th Aug 2011, 03:42
EK_Bus Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Fuel Intimidation Letters

Nicely put Pixy.

I also question their rationale in calculation methodology of; "you've loaded an average of "X" tons for the last "Y" number of flights and therefore cost the Company "Z" tons in burnt fuel" Did their analysis include the 15 -20 minutes I spent in the Desdi Hold the last 4 trips I've done?? Is this an average burn per Ton +/- ZFW or an actual Burn?? I have loaded additional discretionary fuel for a reason, one which I am entitled to for safety above all! Please don't give me a flight plan with thunderstorms enroute, at my Destination AND Alternate and no holding fuel in deepest darkest Africa!! I don't give a Rat's @rse if it's not "required" by the OM-A, it's not practical! Take a look at the Roster of the Person who signed the "Letter" and tell me how productive he is compared to a normal line Pilot. If we were seriously trying to save money; get all the Management Pilots back to "work", replace them with Clerks!

I have and I'm sure many others out there have loaded extra fuel and through judicious use of speed have stayed ahead of the "Pack" and thus avoided holding, especially into DXB at midnight, thereby SAVING the Company money! As one of the "30%" crowd myself, I must admit being questioned about my "Decision Making" skills (which have never been an issue in my SIM or Line Checks for the past 30 years!) quite insulting. This Company's management style is based on fear & intimidation "you're lucky to have a job etc..." My Decision is to take their Yellow piece of paper and file it with the others in the big green container out the front of my Villa! (with all the other Letters of intimidation). Considering all the fatigue, crap Rostering and decreasing standards of maintenance, training and morale, I for one will not be flying around MIN fuel!

Rant over!

Last edited by EK_Bus Driver; 26th Aug 2011 at 04:41.