PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair Interview and Sim Assessment (merged)
Old 26th Aug 2011, 00:50
Josselin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi,

Just a smal review of my experience for the Ryanair selections, might be usefull for some people...

I've been contacted by CAE 3 days after my MCC "exams". CAE asked me if I was suitable to go the next week for the selection. During this phone call she asked me, if I had my CPL exams after the first time, and as well for the ATPL theory exams. She asked me if I was aware I will have to pay for the Type rating and for any accomadation.

Arriving at the selection at STN, we were 8 candidates. The youngest one was 20 and the oldest one was 32 I think. The first hours, the 2 instructors explained us how the day will be. It was a very friendly atmosphere. Ryanair staff was really nice. Then they gave us the crewmate we will have for the sim. They gave us the chart of Liverpool and I got some time to discuss about the flight with my crewmate

Well for the interview it was first personal questions, about my motivation, and Ryanair. Then I had some theoritical questions. It lasts for 20 mins about even less.

Then, I went to the sim.

- Liverpool SID
- Acceleration/Deceleration
- Climbing/Descending Turn
- Cabin fire / Galleys fire
- Briefing when the aircraft is in freeze position
- NDB approach
- Go around
- Landing

At the end of the session we almost knew it was successfull for us as the instructor told us something very straight forward.

And 4 days after that, I received a positive call.