PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Glider PPL (I dont understand this)
View Single Post
Old 21st Oct 2002, 13:25
notbefore9

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There have been a couple of replies here that should have provided you with enough information to be able to achieve a level of experience at a very low cost ie via the ATC but you seem to have studiously ignored these suggestions, and instead tried find an answer that was able to provide you with a quick fix to your "problem".

As a gliding instructor I often started courses by explaining to students that being very apprehensive about flying was normal . at the start but much of the unease would dissapear with experience. I was always very careful to add that when the day came and they could get into the aircraft with absolutely certainty that nothing could go wrong it was time to take up golf or fishing or something where being in a hurry is not a shortcut to you or some innocent dying too quickly. Reading back through your replies to other posts I hope I am reading the situation wrongly and that you are in fact starting out on a hobby/pastime/future in which you will excel and not on some mission to prove you can do this very quickly at all costs.