PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flying South America
View Single Post
Old 25th Aug 2011, 17:33
clarion18

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Don,

I have not had a chance to visit this thread for about 10 days and some of the recent information is really helpful. Is the fuel tank mod to your Mooney a big cost? I think it'll pay off in Argentina as some of the flights to south are big milage. On the AVGAS issue the position in Cayenne seems to be OK. The airport information for Rochambeau contained in the French AIP says:

JET A1 : Hydrant system 1500 at 2300 l/mn 1 fuel truck 30 m3
AVGAS 100 LL : 1 fuel truck 1800 l : 400 l/mn
Extension pour vols réguliers programmés / Extension for scheduled regular flights.
PPR 24 HR 0(594) 35 62 10 - FAX : 0(594)35 80 92

Probably best to phone ahead. I've also looked at all the airports I mentioned in the planned Brazil and they are all listed as having 100/130 available.

I share your view on handling agents. I think I'd be happy to take the time to sort things locally.

My big issue is still insurance. I've only had one quote and for what was quoted we could fly down and up several times in 1st class. I think it was their polite way of telling me to !!! I can really only give this about another week before I revert to plan X. We do need to be in BA by mid-November and I want to allow about a total of about 20 days after we fly from Dublin to the US.