PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Best and Worst Aircrews...From a dispatchers perspective.
Old 21st Oct 2002, 11:18
Tony_EM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Apologies for the generalisation, point taken.

Though it should go without saying that there are good and bad in any dept, airline, country, etc. Some of The Iberia crews were an absolute delight, even fun. So I'd expect folk to use their own experience when interpreting such opinions.

On the subject of correcting crew mistakes, some aircrew are better than others and all have good and bad days. I remember correcting one captain for entering the MTOW into the aircraft's system instead of the ATOW. I got a commendation from him to Ops. Some weeks later, a colleague corrected the same captain for using the inbound flight number when asking for push-back clearance, he literally got kicked off the aircraft.

Agree with the Cyprus perception Lewy Boy and the fact that Iberia could easily sit on both best and worst lists.

Best chocolates must have been the Austrian treats, best food was Singapore, namely the Satay and ice cream. We used to use the inbound Turkmenistan left-overs to kill rats.