PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF447 wreckage found
View Single Post
Old 25th Aug 2011, 12:19
iceman50

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TheShadow

Not quite sure what you are trying to say in your post but there are so many inaccuracies in it that it was not worth the time reading it!

The discussion around CLB thrust and 5 degrees is more to do with the climb phase up to CRZ level. Below 10000' it is 10 degrees. Cruise level the attitude it is around 2.5 degrees, the NORMAL cruise attitude so there is NO need to go to 5 degrees, any thinking competent pilot should be able to work that out, otherwise they should not be in the flight deck.

When the A/THR disconnects it goes to THR LOCK and keeps the thrust set at the time until the pilot moves the thrust levers, so no great dramatic thrust pitch up is induced. The autotrim will only work to compensate for PILOT input and it went up due to pilot demand!

deSitter

There is No need to start a thread all they had to do was get the nose down. If they had held the input the nose would have gone down and the autotrim would have then assisted with a sustained nose down input. They could even have helped by using manual nose trim themselves[/COLOR], as taught in UA recoveries. As for trying to roll / yaw the nose down.

Lonewolf

If you can explain to me, in plain language, why a stall warning system goes dormant while the aircraft is stalled, in flight, and tell me why this is allegedlyl a good design, I'd sure like to hear it.
It only went dormant <60kts IAS, what manufacturer / regulator would think that a properly trained Airline Pilot would get a Transport Category A/C into a deep stall at less than 60kts!!! Having ignored the warning for >50 seconds prior to that.