PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Future Pilot Programme (FPP)(Merged)
View Single Post
Old 25th Aug 2011, 11:49
LEGAL TENDER

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Have been reading about this scheme with interest.

The only thing that worries me a little bit is this paragraph

"That said, we, like many companies, are vulnerable to world and economic events that could cause our recruitment plans to change."

Coming at a time when we are seriously facing the possibility of such economic events to send us back into recession (we're nearly there) only this time it could be for much longer than 2008. Looking 4 or 5 years ahead.. yeah, no problem. But right now.. is it really the best time to take on loans/debt?
The markets have simulated a crash few weeks ago. When/if it happens for real, it will hurt. Many analysts believe 2008 was just a taster. The economy hasn't really recovered, QE2 only pumped cash into a sick system to extend the agony not to cure it.
Obviously I have faith in BA's global recruiting strategies. I am only a bit perplexed about the timing. There will be a recovery at some point. And they want to be ready for it, fair enough. But what happens if the proverbial hits the fan? What if the banks need re-bailed out with government money that isn't there, as the sovereign debt grows?
Any thoughts?