PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - OAT Going up the spout!?!
View Single Post
Old 1st Dec 2001, 21:21
Wee Weasley Welshman

Received 275 Likes on 110 Posts
Yeah well I just can't see it happening. They have a lot of work and have probably been the most successful FTO of the last 10 years.

Realistically one would imagine CABAIR with their greater exposure to the PPL market is in a worse position. There are a lot of other FTO's out there with shallower pockets than OATS that I would expect to see go to the wall first.

If OATS needed to generate cashflow - ie they really were in crises - they would simply lower the course price £10k and customers would flood in leaving other schools in crisis. They aren't doing that so I see no cause for alarm yet.

Current students moaning about management, sponsored courses being given preference and other such bugbears are nothing new. Every school gets it all the time. Always has done and always will.

I'm not closing the thread or anything so stop having a go at me for pooh poohing it. I am a JAA approved Commercial Flying Instructor with loads of mates in the major schools... my opinion is as valid as the next mans.

Not to forget of course that I was wrong about SFT so who knows..?

Cheers,