PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF 447 Thread No. 6
View Single Post
Old 25th Aug 2011, 11:06
GarageYears

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
To those who seek to defend Bear/Lieman:

Personally I have now TOTALLY given up reading any of the "selective reading disorder" originated posts by Bear/Lyingman/whatever, however I DO BELIEVE he is not in this for the good of aviation at all, but for the aggrandizement of Bear/Lyingman/whatever... glory in the screen pixels seems to be the only intent. Which is entirely sad and distracting to the well intended who post here.

Some here will have forgotten how adamant Bear was that the V/S was "torn off" early in the accident sequence... on and on, page after page, recurring at painful regularity, despite many who provided meaningful analysis on how that was not at all likely... and it wasn't/didn't.

Here we are again, on some "evil autotrim campaign" - autotrim "locked", babble, blah, etc.

The simple fact is the traces show that ND commands (few though they were) continued to control the pitch attitude, the THS had NOT locked the aircraft NU, and the damn thing was commanded NU on average all the way into the Ocean. If you like, autotrim, through a time-lagged smoothing function, attempted to offload the elevator demand COMMANDED BY THE PF... nothing more, subject a few limits to prevent stupid things happening. There are momentary periods where the "g" limit was reached, but the MEAN 'g' load was nowhere near the limit and as such the THS system was (hello!) AVAILABLE. It didn't move the THS, because the pilot did not demand it so... he asked for NU and got it. End of story.

There is an undeniable problem with any forum member who attempts to hide his identify be attempting to create a new one. Unless psycho-Bear/Lyingman/whatever can rationally explain why he did this (other than as an attempt to hide) then I'd suggest that this tactic alone is grounds to have his rantings eliminated from grown-up discussion.

And no, I'm not the board moderator, so by all means mods delete this post if it is deemed out of line. I have learned to skip over any post originated by our Troll, but the responses to his posts are a little hard to avoid, since several folks answering the loon have mostly worthwhile contributions.

Having stuck with this thread for 2+ years now, I'll be damned if I am driven away now, but seriously Bear - get off this stupid campaign that the airplane DID IT. The airplane did what the PF asked. Why he asked is a valid question, how to avoid someone making that same sequence of requests of the aircraft is valid, but to continuously infer, jumping from one theory to another, that the aircraft did anything without the pilots input demand is plain misleading. People screw up - professionals and non alike, in this case the result had a very bad outcome. Get over it.