PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 2 dead in Vic NW of Melb at Wallup
View Single Post
Old 25th Aug 2011, 10:33
Howard Hughes
Sprucegoose

Location: Hughes Point, where life is great! Was also resident on page 13, but now I'm lost in Cyberspace....
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I don't think you could be more wrong. A private flight with a supplier / customer or employee along as a passenger is far closer to a commercial operation than AF
How do you arrive at that conclusion? AF schedules aircraft with flight crew, your local fly in vet does not!
The passengers are given briefings beforehand by Angel Flight and they get some details on the pilot and aircraft beforehand, so they have some degree of an informed decision.
You can give all the briefings you like, people will still not understand the subtle difference! Clearly people on here don't and they are from within the industry.

From where I sit there seems to be a large discrepancy in the type of equipment, pilot qualifications and operating procedures. Why set the bar so low? I don't think raising the minimums would have any effect on their ability to deliver the service.

Why not strive for a higher level of service delivery rather than accept the minimum? Just because it is a private operation why not operate to a higher standard? Where I work all our flights are technically 'air work', but maintenance, aircraft equipment and training are operated to an RPT equivilent standard.