PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aer Lingus incident in SNN
View Single Post
Old 25th Aug 2011, 10:16
A pumps

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I tend to agree with most of what " accelalt" has said but lets be direct here, a PPl would not of succeeding in landing an aircraft here.

Regardless of the hangars position which we know would cause low level shear, the wind speeds were within the limits of the aircraft.

Secondly, a as a professional crew they {PF} should not of been trying to land beyond the touch down point. If they were uncomfortable with the conditions / or unable to handle those conditions prevailing, after the first approach a diversion should of being considered.

Thirdly, from "accelalt" post when he referred to the crew still operating within the airline I do question the managements’ decision within Aer Arran to allow this without even the prelim report being published.

Closing comments, I think the name of this topic is misleading when referring to "Aer lingus" incident and should be edited for clarification. Yes there were operating in EI colours but the airline and crew was indeed Aer Arran.

P.S, I find it strange that gust limits are not taking into account when conditions are near the limits.

Lastly the IAA need to me more pro-active within there safety division. If they have one ? !!