PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF 447 Thread No. 6
View Single Post
Old 25th Aug 2011, 02:32
DozyWannabe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@airtren - The point is that the high-g number to which Lyman/Bearfoil/Will Fraser referred to is false and he was misrepresenting Takata's post (which was a very cheeky move, seeing as takata has not contributed since the 5th thread and as such was not here to refute the claims that our prolific water-muddying poster was making).

It won't autotrim any further nose-up over 1.25g, but the only limit for no autotrim whatsoever is 0.5g. If what you say is correct, and the FDR values indicate 1.65g max and 0.6g min, then there was nothing stopping autotrim from commanding the THS *nose-down* at any point. The other implication from takata's post was that manual THS trim is not subject to those restrictions, and that even if 0.5g was achieved, the manual trim wheels could still have commanded nose-down at any point. Now I remember from the very early days of the investigation that the THS nose-up trim stopped at 13 degrees with a theoretical maximum of 14. Could the g-loading demand limitation have kicked in to prevent it from moving that last degree in the wrong direction?

Either way, it is becoming increasingly clear to me that our prolific friend is looking more like the kind of sciolist that the big red letters at the bottom of every page caution us all about with every post he makes, and I'm hoping the mods will do some digging of their own to confirm or refute that idea. I may not be a pilot, but at least I'm honest about my intentions.