PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Into the Lions' Den ?
View Single Post
Old 21st Oct 2002, 08:49
FlyingForFun

Why do it if it's not fun?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I can only speak for myself. I've never flown anything other than aeroplanes (ok, and two passenger flights in helicoptors). I'd love to try helicoptors, and gliders, and microlights. I can't say I'm too fussed about balloons. Airships would be interesting, but probably boring after a while. And I'm not sure about jumping out of a perfectly good aeroplane - seems stupid, but at the same time kind of exciting.

But I respect people who do all those other things, even if they're not things I want to try myself. I'll do whatever I can to share the air with them safely. And I expect them to offer me the same courtesy.

I also respect the wishes of people who enjoy knitting in their spare time, or gardening, or train-spotting, even though none of those hobbies appeal to me. I respect their right to make hideous-looking clothing, spread cow-sh!t around in the hope it might make their flowers look like flowers this year, or stand in my way on station platforms when I'm trying to get home from work. And I expect them to respect my right to fly. Exactly the same as I expect glider pilots to respect my right to fly powered aircraft (as long as I do so safely, of course).

FFF
------------------