PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - French Aristocracy:
View Single Post
Old 21st Oct 2002, 08:34
Prince of Dzun

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
French Aristocracy:

Not long ago I was on a route check during which the check captain and myself discussed many things. Our conversation touched on the French aristocracy and the check captain (an Englishman) told me the following story:
Prior to the French Revolution there was a group of French aristocrats who were concerned that the aristocracy was becoming " inbred". They decided that fresh blood was necessary so a delegation was sent to Denmark to recruit some healthy young men to come to Paris purely for the purpose of anonymously and discreetly improving the stock. My English check captain told me this actually happened but I cannot find any reference to it in recorded French history.
Did it really happen or is it just a story? Is there any reference to this in French (or Danish) history or has it been swept under the carpet as unmentionable subject?
I'll also put this on the Scandinanvian Forum as it's just possible that the Danish lads might have the answers.

Prince of Dzun

P.S. Miss Moderator: This story is flying related and it's also historical. Please, but please don't move it to Jet Blast.