PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QANTAS- On Market Takeover Offer
View Single Post
Old 24th Aug 2011, 18:09
Sunfish

Received 89 Likes on 32 Posts
People who follow what is happening in the United States at present would know that a new class of robber barons, based in Wall Street, are flexing their muscles. You should be aware that they have admirers in Australia.

Be aware that interest rates are near zero in America - why even the wife of the head of Morgan Stanley suddenly found herself with $200 million in taxpayer funds she then used to buy debt and start a business. Fancy that! You can just be a normal housewife and the government will help you start your own investment fund!

The Real Housewives Of Wall Street: Christy Mack And Susan Karches Took TALF Loans

Given the near zero American interest rates and the high moral purpose of American investment bankers, it is not too great a stretch to believe that there might be a few willing Australians for an American to teach, and a suitably charitable target for their attentions might be the long suffering shareholders in Qantas.

..Especially if the airline continues to be managed in a manner that I fail to understand.

Why would any Western business want to start up a premium airline in Asia? That would be the equivalent of a Russian magnate announcing that he was going to start a full service airline in Australia - based on the idea that "superior Russian airline experience" was his competitive advantage.

Why are the employees of Qantas continually treated like dirt?

Why is Jetstar allowed to cannibalize Qantas market share?

Why is Jetstar allowed to act as a parasite on the Qantas host?

I would have thought that a thinking entrepreneur could take this lot over and do much, much better.

I keep seeing the mental image of the monkey trap. The monkey has his hand around the food in the jar and won't let go...