PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aer Lingus incident in SNN
View Single Post
Old 24th Aug 2011, 16:08
accelalt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Guys, are you kidding me.

I'm sorry but nobody seems to see the elephant in the room here. The prevailing conditions could and should have been handled by a PPL holder with 20 hours.

There were fare paying pax in the back and this outfit chose to crew a new captain and a brand new FO at the pointy end. Utter contempt for safety.

And how the devil has the captain, who was pilot flying, being allowed to continue to fly in the absence of a prelimerary report. No airline (unless third world) would allow a pilot to continue to fly after such a serious incidient until at least the facts were established.

I hear to my horror that this pilot has been flying pax as a captain in the left seat for the past few weeks. Is AerLingus regional serious!! Gobsmacked. Do the pax know that they are potentially not insured. Does Aer Lingus Regional care. Are AerLingus Regional insured to do this. What if this pilot has another incidient before the preliminary report is published.

What a bunch of cowboys. Where are the IAA. Why do we have regulation if this is there input

Gobsmaked - truely gobsmaked

Last edited by accelalt; 24th Aug 2011 at 20:29.