PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UK Police helicopter budget cuts
View Single Post
Old 24th Aug 2011, 15:06
PANews

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
A couple of weeks ago I did what I am always accused of not doing.... I asked the powers that be [the police media units and the air support units] of those likely involved for information on their part in the so called 'Riots' [so who read the Riot Act then? - disturbances then....].

It was an open question - what happened and were any aviation lessons learned from the experience.

In fairness I got some useful replies and some others that were clearly an attempt to answer the unanswerable [i.e. media units that were quite clearly themselves not being briefed sensibly by air side].

The vast majority though have yet to answer a properly inserted request for information about a newsworthy event - and this is a group who face [at least in part] oblivion or a return to the streets. It is increasing clear that the silent lot are actually sleep walking to NPAS. Even when given an opportunity to properly put their industry up there in a good light they do nothing. This is not the spectre of 3 weeks in a health farm this is safe legal self promotion and yet they do nothing, not even 'hang on I will get back to you if I can'.

Besides the police [media/ASU] I also contacted, ACPO and a well known figure in NPAS. The former was understandably 'lost' on the subject but at least conversed .... the latter is still very firmly missing in action, perhaps because there are no grounds for sensible comment.

One that falls in between all of that was Cheshire.... they have put it to their Freedom of Information Unit..... a reply expected 'next month' ...... Er, excuse me chaps this is supposed to be NEWS not history!