PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Future Pilot Programme (FPP)(Merged)
View Single Post
Old 24th Aug 2011, 11:44
talkpedlar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Some words of advice.. hope this helps!

..from someone who has been there and done it ... and is still involved at the sharp end!

By the end of the FTO interview and BA selection process, BA will have a very clear idea about your numeracy and literary skills, your comprehension skills, how careful you are and how good you are at following instructions.

Why have so many of you asked questions about issues clearly explained on the BA and FTO websites? Lazy? Inept? Ignorant?

What is about BA's clear statement, that they are looking for people with little or no flying experience, that you don't understand?

Why have so many of you not read the BA website properly and believe that your salary is reduced by £1000/month to repay your bond/loan when, in fact, they pay you your normal salary plus £1000/month tax-free for 7 years?

What is about minimum educational requirements you don't understand?

Finally, whilst spelling and grammar in most of your posts is excellent, many are shocking! This results from either ignorance or carelessness... neither of which is acceptable to BA! (Some of the assessment involves your handwriting and I cannot over-emphasise the negative reaction to spider's pee scribble and countless spelling and grammatical errors..)

However, as a taster.. avoid definately, wrong use of to/too, be careful with there/their, use apostrophes carefully, do NOT use lower-case i for 1st-person singular, and if you're not sure how to spell a certain word..don't use it! Do NOT under any circumstances use yoof-speak or text-speak, verbally or in the written word.

Of particular importance, when BA personnel depart the room leaving you with your fellow candidates alone to complete one of the written exercises.. RTFQ very carefully! This is vital!

Also, if you do not currently meet or exceed BA's minimum educational requirements you will almost certainly be wasting a stamp if you apply...
but those without an acceptable degree but otherwise satisfy BA's A-level requirements should apply and do their very best ... many of the successful candidates who emerge from this process will not have a degree!

Please accept this as constructive .. not critical. Good luck to all who apply, competition will be fierce BUT many, many candidates will not clear the first hurdle and therefore not proceed to the BA assessment in London.

As I said..Good Luck to all!

ps I'll wager that many of you will screw-up their chance of being selected even for the FTO interview... a trap awaits the careless applicant!

Last edited by talkpedlar; 24th Aug 2011 at 11:54.