PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF447 wreckage found
View Single Post
Old 24th Aug 2011, 08:49
RetiredF4

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Let go of SS, Iceman50

iceman50

However during the entry the STALL warning is continually "sounding" and even if you had just let go of the sidestick, after the initial input, the stall warning stops and an extreme attitude is NOT achieved. You have to HOLD it in.
I question that, depending on your undestanding of "initial input". If you define that as before the pitch reached more than 5°, i might accept.

In Alt2B without protections the FCP follows an loadfactor demand. If, for example, the initial loadfactor demand called for 1,5 g´s and that resulted in an pitch attitude of 15°, releasing of SS input would now demand a loadfactor of 1 g. This new load factor demand would lead to maintaining the 15° pitch regardless of speed decay.
Although if no further input for a NU demand will be made on the SS (in neutral as you say), the FCP would continue to drive the elevators NU and start to trim the THS NU to maintain this one g equaling the pitch at SS release in the decaying speed situation. Result will be a stall with 15° pitch, elevators and THS full nose up.

Does this sound familiar?

What you described would be the behaviour of a conventional aircraft, where elevators return to neutral when NU input is terminated and with no trim input the aircraft would answer the decreasing speed with a decrease in pitch and climb rate to find its equilibrium / stable state of flight again.

Or it would be the behaviour of a FBW aircraft with protections working.

I think you are aware of that, i just wanted it to make clear for other readers.
If i´m wrong, please post.