PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Northcoast Aviation in PNG
View Single Post
Old 21st Oct 2002, 02:17
Johhny Utah

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Waghi, since you are abviously so in touch with what is going on with NCA, perhaps you could let us all know when you worked for them? I'd suggest that if it wasn't in the last 6-12 months, then maybe you've been out of the picture for a little while & aren't actually aware of what has been going on over in Lae...

I'm only too aware of the problems that NCA have had with people taking leave to come to Australia, and then not returning. I don't agree with their actions, but I also think that things could have been handled better on the NCA front. I have also heard from other employers that they actually suggested ways of better managing the staff problems to management at NCA, but they all went unheeded...

NCA have caused themselves innumerable problems by seemingly going out of their way to antagonise their staff just before they go on leave. To me, that seemed a bit foolish, and was no doubt a factor in influencing some employees not to return. Also, when staff were open & honest with the CP about why they were planning on taking leave to go south (i.e. airline interviews), the CP reneged on his earlier word that he had no problems with staff taking leave for airline interviews & attempted to cancel all leave. As the classic saying goes - "All leave has been cancelled until morale improves..." - and that seemed to be the modus operandi of NCA staff management... Basically, when staff tried to do the right thing & give the CP 4 weeks notice they got harshly treated, so why would anyone bother trying to do the righty, I ask you...?

The problems at NCA are too long to list. If anyone has any serious thoughts of going up there, feel free to email me & I will quite happily give you more details. And for the record, I have moved on to bigger and better things (i.e. flying jets). To anyone who decides to give NCA a shot - good luck, 'cause you'll sure need it...

Last edited by Johhny Utah; 21st Oct 2002 at 02:23.