PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Alpha Aviation Academy
View Single Post
Old 24th Aug 2011, 08:06
risk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@Marlim

I understood your use of the word but was concerned 'AT' its use. Yes, having a heap of SO(s) is obviously not ideal, but then so is having a heap of FO(s) not ideal. What I mean to say is, AA will say 'enough' sooner or later.

Anyway, I guess time will tell.... But yeah, very sorry to hear that you had to spend all that time at home...

About Fly Dubai, firstly, FD does not have A320(s), they have B737(s), so I don't reckon they would accept A320 MPL graduates... or at least I don't think the syllabus would allow that & neither would the GCAA. Secondly, FD takes their pilots from CTC & they do not have a cadet program. Yes Etihad is growing bigger & its pants are getting tighter, but they only want braded clothes (experienced flyers), won't take Karama stuff (new flyers) ...

About the pilot shortage, let me give you an 'insiders-insight' , so let's compare ALTEON (Boeing's training division) forecast, Boeing's forecast in 2010 & then again in 2011

ALTEON in 2008: Middle-east: 17,500

BOEING in 2010 (Source: Flight International, 21/09/10): Boeing forecasts a global need for 448,000 new airline pilots to enter the industry over the next 20 years.... .....the Middle East 23,000.

BOEING in 2011 (Source: Le Bourget, France, 22/06/11, PRNewswire): The Boeing outlook indicates that by 2030 the aviation industry will require 460,000 new commercial airline pilots..... .....Middle East will require 36,600 pilots.

So as you can see, the forecast of Boeing is increasing incrementally. In fact I was as at a Boeing's symposium recently in Seattle, US & the last topic on day 2 was about how airlines should address the global shortage of pilots.

Don’t worry Marlim, we know you aren't marketing for them, that’s why the trust bro!