PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What is it about the Wessex that makes people so fond of it?
Old 24th Aug 2011, 07:41
Savoia

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As mentioned, the photo is atrocious and for which I apologise (ripped from some blog in deepest darkest cyberspace!). But, I 'think' the white cirlce is John 'Chalky' White and the orange circle Patrick McHaffey! Any other names please send them in so we can identify this motley crew!

John Whale wrote: I have several of her that if anyone was interested I would post.
John, it would seem as though there are several Rotorheads whose experiences involve the Albion and I would have thought that a shot or two of the lady at sea would be in fine order. I'm sure Senior Pilot is not averse to the odd ship, especially as she was a helicopter carrier! You never know, perhaps SP is ex-RN!

Re: The Albion photo I posted, you can either 'right click and save' or PM me your email address and I'll mail it to you. The version posted on PPRuNe is only slightly different from the original in that I modify the constrast, colouring and 'sharpness' of all the images I post.

More Albion ..

One of the girls from the Billy Smarts Circus sits on the flight deck of the aircraft carrier HMS Albion wearing one of the sailors caps during a performance for the crew. (Notice how the chaps have to be restrained by a rope, lol!)