PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CanJet
Thread: CanJet
View Single Post
Old 23rd Aug 2011, 23:46
Jet Jockey A4

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
rotorjay

I'm not going to turn this into a pissing contest with you...

However I'll let you know I'm not that young and I do have a life, a very good one at that.

I have been in the aviation business for 36 years. I started as a lineboy at a flying school paid for all my flying courses, earned all my licences through hard studying and work.

My first pilot job came at the age of 18 when I received my commercial licence and I have never looked back. I'm happy to report to you that at my present job I have great conditions a very good pay and lots of time off.

Yes, if one searches the Internet one can find CanJet's pilot salaries. But then how accurate are they? I'd rather have it from the horse's mouth instead of using perhaps the wrong info.

If the latest info is correct the pay scale for both captains and F/Os at CanJet is IMHO sub standard. Anyone flying a B737-800 deserves a lot more money than the present scale at CanJet (correct me if I'm wrong).

It is also said that a B737 endorsement is required to be hired at CanJet (again you can correct me if this info is incorrect). However if the info is correct this means that this company is very cheap on training and takes out any pilot's chances of being hired regardless of experience if they don't have a B737 endorsement.

First year captain = $85,000 and after ten years the salary is bumped up to
~ $116,700.

First year F/O = $51,000 and after ten years it's at $57,500.

How many hours of months do they fly for that money? Are they entitled to overtime after a certain amount of hours flown or scheduled?

What about benefits? Any retirement scheme for the pilots or their other employees?

What about per diems while flying?

"Why would the vast majority of CanJet pilots be satisfied with the way they are treated and quite enjoy their lifestyle."

Maybe they don't have a choice or they don't know better!

From the sound of your rebuttal to me it sure seems like you work for them. If this is the case and you are happy at CanJet so be it.

Everybody is entitled to their opinion, so yours is just as valid as mine.