PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hour Building UK
View Single Post
Old 23rd Aug 2011, 22:52
A and C

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Look at the small print!

Tommy I stand corrected but this offer was not on the Ravenair price list on their website that I looked at. As I said things are not as clear as you might think, yes they charge £66/ hour but when you take into account the charge of 15 min for taxing the rate looks more like £ 82 for putting an hour in your log book and lets not forget the landing fee !

Then you have to look at the fuel credit that is about £0.30 below the market price of fuel so this adds around £6.90 to the hours flying should you uplift fuel away from base.

I think it is very likely slick way of squeezing the most out of the PA38's before they hit the 13,000 hour spar life and have to be scrapped, it is a very astute business move that is aimed at using up as much of the airframe life as they can before thay have to put the aircraft in for an expensive annual check.

It is undoubtedly a good deal and if you are local to Liverpool and need hours I would grab a slice of the action because it won't be around for long but don't kid your self the cost is not £66/ hour it is not.

Perhaps you might like to tell us how much lighter your bank account would be after an hours local flying in one of these aircraft?