PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Chinook 30th Anniversary Dining In Night - 9th Sep 2011
Old 23rd Aug 2011, 22:16
Roger Committed

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good luck with the function, shame I can't make it.
The hired help in the back have spent 30 years getting one over the O's so I'm sure they'll be content to miss this one. Perhaps it's time to come clean on one of my ruses way back in 85 at KG. Chocolate was a great bargaining tool to get shiney things off the army and due to our flying rate we got tons of the stuff on the aircrew rations (it was out of date and therefore really cheap). The crewmen of course ran the rations and picked up the choccie once a week, it was then divided into 5 equal boxes - one for each crewman and one for the O's. Once we had hidden our boxes away we gave the O's a call and they were delighted with the size of their box and went away happy. Ignorance is bliss

Chinook240 - Do you remember when the Boss's pristine Arctic Parka fell out of the centre hatch? Is that really 26 years ago, I'm not too bothered about losing my Tom Selleck tash but I would have liked to hang on to my hair.