PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Joining Qatar Airways (QR) - all you need to know about it (threads merged)
Old 23rd Aug 2011, 15:39
jonbj

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi colleagues! I went for the interview few weeks ago...we were 12 at the beginning, only 4 passed the first stage (technical test). I think that latestpilot database is a good support. I suggest to answer each question by using ace book or jeppesen manual. On the exam you will find some very strange question, take the time to answer, read carefully evey word. For the personnal inteview, i have had 1captain and a lady from HR. They do not put you under pressure, keep relax, but prepare the answers and some stories (latestpilot). Simulator assessement will be probably on A330, climbing on rwy heading (lhr rwy27), right or left turn to a special heading, then you will be asked on which radial you are....and to intercept a radial inbound. Approaching overhead station, vectors for downwind, visual circuit and landing. Take off again....and a non-normal situation (cargo fire, hot brakes, engine failure....)....brief your intention and course of action. Vectors landig ils raw data. Last 40mn. Qatar airways need pilots but i think that you have to be prepared, do not think that you will be hired just because of your experience and cv. I hope that this post will help you and wish you good luck.
I have a question... Do QR provide laptop for new joiners with cbt and company manual included?

Jbj