PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Red Arrows Jet Crash
View Single Post
Old 23rd Aug 2011, 15:15
westhawk

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I too feel a kinship with the Red Arrows. I'm neither British nor a military fast jet pilot, just a civilian corporate pilot who served his US military time in Europe over two decades ago. While there, I had the opportunity to see the team perform at Farnborough in '88. I too would like to see them continue to represent the UK with style and pride. I hope it works out that way.

Military flying in general and jet demo flying in particular is by it's nature an activity which exposes it's participants to a higher level of hazard than most other organized flying. It's testament to the professionalism and skill of these team members that mishaps are as rare as they are. Yet still the occasional mishap will unfortunately occur. It's the nature of the beast.

Whatever the cause(s) behind this one, it will be revealed in due course. Some of the speculation appears well reasoned and of course there is the rest. I don't mind withholding my conjecture until a few more facts are presented. There just isn't much reliable information to work with yet.

Best regards,

westhawk