PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF447 wreckage found
View Single Post
Old 23rd Aug 2011, 15:14
RetiredF4

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Rananim

Of course.The pilots are the same.They dont change.Some are good,most are average, some are below average.

Quote:
RetiredF4 hit the nail on the head.
Quote:
Invent something new instead of those with the same or even improved feedback results, and we won´t be back in stone age, but hopefully in a more safer future.

Rananim
No,he did not hit the nail on the head. All commercial airliners are 2 man crew last time I checked.What better feedback is there than a great big control wheel beween your legs?Dont try to reinvent the wheel.It works and it works well.
Let´s be realistic, the change is made, and from general layout it is not a bad design. As i read in between the lines you seem to accept that fact for single seated fighter aircraft, but not for a two man cockpit.

I can understand that and i´m with you concerning feedback what the other guy is doing with the stick. I´ve never flown a yoke, and i was always wondering how somebody can execute those tiny necessary commands i could do with the stick inmy F4. Later on i did the ATPL Sim Sessions in a caravelle simulator and missed my stick badly.

I think the SS design can improve to fullfill these tasks. That ranges from feedback to repositioning of the SS from the side consoles to the centre console. Sure some equipment can be moved from the center to elsewhere. The throttles only move some switches, however they are still designed as needing to move an oxcart. Or put the throttles amd trimwheels to the side controls, the interconection of those shouldnt be that difficult to achieve.

I agree with Safety Concerns, there will be no going back to the old design, but we need to get back the old functionality and interface quality of this old design.