PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CTC Wings ATP Scheme (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 23rd Aug 2011, 11:46
G-ADAM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
albertoara29,

When I said 40th in the pool, I am talking about the ATP pool only. When we left, I heard that the wings pool still had around 40 people too so, in essence, we were 80th. I have no idea how many wings cadets are in the pool at the moment, but it changes all the time as a few come out and more join the back of the queue. We had a wings guy on our AQC that has been told he will start his TR with EZ in late September, early October.

BA will take from CTC but they are not taking any current cadets as far as I'm aware. They are taking 30 per year from CTC (and the same from OAA and FTE) and all of them will be 'tagged' by BA from day 1 following a rigorous selection process. Anyone who has already commenced training will not be eligible for BA, only those that BA take under the FPP. So BA taking cadets helps no-one that has already started training.

Nobody knows what the future holds for the industry and things change in the blink of an eye. If we enter another recession, who knows what that will mean for recruitment- a blindingly obvious statement, but worth thinking about when considering an £8,400 investment in an MCC+JOC with NO guarantee of a job. And if you were to get into easyjet, you are required to pay around £10,000 contribution towards the cost of a type rating too. Granted, overall it's cheaper than FR, but the big factor is that you are not guaranteed a job where as with FR, unless you are very unlucky, you are.

CTC are keeping their cards very close to their chest and are not giving much away with regard to the ATP movement. I only know of one person that has managed to get a job that was in the pool and I believe he had 'good contacts' at the airline he was selected for. I may be doing him an injustice, but he finished the AQC on the Thursday and started his type rating on the following Monday so you can draw your own conclusions.

WB Vortex- can I ask what airline you work for?

Mac72- I haven't heard from them since the CX email which I think was in May? That's the only correspondence I've had since completing the course in March.