PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Japan (AJX) B767
View Single Post
Old 23rd Aug 2011, 08:17
The Dominican

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ever since the beginning of the original AJX (before the separation of the two companies, AJX and AJV) and now through the re integration of the two operations, I'm talking close to 15 years that this particular gig has been around there has always been some Internet pundit predicting the end. ANA is making profits left and right and the passengers and cargo numbers are back to pre earthquake levels if not higher, they have a lot of A/C's on order and a recruiting deficit into both mainline and the subsidiaries with very high attrition due to retirements. What we are concerned about is not if the job will be here tomorrow but how will it look tomorrow, I think the days of two night layovers in exotic destinations is over and this will become just another one of the many other contracts out there that are minimum rest, back of the clock mostly, nickle pinching (specially with the introduction of the LCC's next year) jobs out there and most likely (and this is my opinion only) a cargo only operation once the LCC's start covering some of the international flying. I cannot tell you how much I hope that I am wrong

Besides there are more opportunities now on the international market that there have ever been, by no means I'm telling you to leave a stable job and come here or even to jump into the contract arena, I cannot give you such guarantees when I don't even know how it will work out for me, none of us can tell you what the future holds, none of us. All I'm saying is that in the unlikely event that I find myself on the market again, I'm not too concerned about lack of opportunities.

I'll tell you something about Pprune though, you will be more confused and unsure after you get several replies to your questions than you were before you asked them, that I can guarantee