PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Netscape has saved me from insanity!
View Single Post
Old 20th Oct 2002, 17:22
Feneris

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Netscape has saved me from insanity!

I wasn't previously a Netscape fan, but IE has been driving me insane recently, so I installed Netscape 7, which has cheered me up no end.

I had a relativly happy surfing experience with IE5 and uk2 as the ISP. I signed up with Freeserve, and installed IE6. I was forever hitting 'stop' and the 'refresh', as IE would grind to a halt, and pages would not load. pprune and ebay were forever causing this. I uninstalled IE6, which improved things. I was still regularly hitting stop/reload. When the page was downloading, it would grind to a halt, the globe going round in the top corner, and even if left for several minutes would not complete the page load.

Further to this, a lot of fonts were almost illegible(Probably a specific reason or setting).

Anyway, I downloaded and installed Netscape (45mins 56.6 modem, bare install). Netscape seems much faster, the fonts all show up correctly, and no stop/refresh problems. I prefer the way the pages load in Netscape, if something is slow or not loading one can see where/why.

Im sure there are a load of Netscape probs I'm not aware of, but for the time being a big thumbs up!

F

System details: P200MMX, 80mb ram, Win98