PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Japan (AJX) B767
View Single Post
Old 23rd Aug 2011, 05:28
gomets

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think it was in the "Japan outlook" thread that someone states that it appears that they are slowly winding this experiment down and closing shop....

And that it was time to dust off the resume..

Question:

1)Is there any hint of downsizing or was that just someone being frustrated at how things are due to the merger?

2) Is most of the flying now relegated to the cargo ops and flying the backside of the clock? (I am not too concerned about flying pax or not, but curious where the company and contract guys are headed.)

I have a stable job, just not a place I want to spend a career. And from the outside the contract gig looks good. Plus it would be nice to finally get into a plane I can stand up in. Not too mention the international experience etc...Just don't want to screw our family by leaving a stable job for something that will end in a year or two..(assuming I can even get an interview of course!!)

BTW the ANA gig would be a nice pay raise. Family is fine with the work days/time off.. And I'm used to commuting home a very long distance..just don't want to end up on the street because of it...