PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF 447 Thread No. 6
View Single Post
Old 23rd Aug 2011, 01:25
Lyman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
First question, basic, and re: DIRECT, for now, so, ROLL.

The a/c shows ROLL(ED) left 10 degrees as well as ROLL input 10 degrees. Then ROLL(ED) RIGHT 10 degrees, with Roll input 10 degrees.

What am I missing, I know the a/c is responsive in ROLL axis, but congruent position with input? Should we not see some displacement in response?

Next. The accel and vert speed are as expected, but the a/c does not gain altitude until the Vertical speed and accels go negative. She got an initial serious BUMP in accel, increase in VS, but did not climb until after they subsided. Que? There is a lengthy <1 accel, so the "feel" would be as though "falling" almost all the way UP. This explains (perhaps) why, if PF felt the "drop" (though climbing) he maintained (increased Back stick? It also may explain why the Elevators (and THS) rolled in via FCS to recapture 1g?

During this exact time, the PITCH ATT. is decreasing, along with the accels and the VS. Here is where he may have started sensing "Overspeed"? Nose dropping, (negative) accel, and rapid decrease in VS. ("I am descending")

All the while climbing. Wish I knew how to index the CVR with this litany of confusing prompts.

Last edited by Lyman; 23rd Aug 2011 at 02:42.