PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Vietnam Airlines $30,000 Bond
View Single Post
Old 23rd Aug 2011, 01:12
Luke SkyToddler

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Did I forget to mention "Avoid Rishworth"
Yes you did. About 99000000000000000 times. On just about every page of every thread to do with VAC for god knows how many years now. You even managed to get a sticky thread to that effect, right at the top of the main forum page. In fact to be honest mate, it's quite hard for the 100+ happily employed Rishworth VAC pilots to make their voice heard, over the one sad loser ex employee with a vendetta.

For what it's worth, I just checked back through my old emails and I can confirm I received a template employment contract very early on in the process, certainly before I signed any agreement with anyone to do anything. I didn't even request to see it, it was included with the initial paperwork to confirm availability for sim screening, so your whole rant is based on utterly false premises.

Tedious though it may be, I guess you do have the right to share your opinion with everyone at every opportunity in order to pursue your little war, but there is a difference between "opinion" and "utter bulls**t", and it's really not constructive for the people who come on here seeking information about how to get the job.

Having said that, I'm no particular lover of any particular agency, and if there is in fact an offer going around involving pay-for-type-rating PLUS a bond then that's a sad reflection on the sad state this industry has sunk to. To the original poster, you mentioned you don't have $30 grand laying around - do I take it from that, that they actually require you to lodge the money with them, Singapore style? Has anyone heard anything from any other agencies or is this a Rishworth exclusive?

In any case I guarantee the offer will be 1000 times oversubscribed, because no-previous-experience 777 contract FO jobs are as rare as hens teeth - and I still maintain this is a cool town and a cool job.

I do agree with you on one aspect USMC, the money isn't the best contract on earth on a total cash-in-hand basis, but when you look at how much you've got left over at the end of each month I maintain it's as least as good if not better than most other jobs out there, including Singapore, Hong Kong and sand pit - and I rent a big villa in District 2 and I've got 2 school age kids.