View Single Post
Old 22nd Aug 2011, 23:09
jcjeant

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

Hi,

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3hl
What about Airbus A330 ? Sounds like an excellent question... HN39? Has this already been answered?

The quote first refers to CS25.1309 and then copies a subparagraph of CS25.207. Both requirements have been referenced and discussed more than once on the various parts of the AF447 thread. I'm not an expert on the certification of the A330, but I recall that the certification basis contains an exception (SC or ESF or IP, I don't recall) that may relate to paragraph 25.207. First of all, it must be understood that 25.207 and most other requirements of CS25 Subpart B 'Flight' must be met with all airplane systems and equipment functioning as designed. Failure conditions, such as reversion to alternate law, are considered under paragraph 25.1309 on the basis of their probability of occurrence and their effect on the safety of continued flight and landing. In normal law, the A330 does not have stall warning as intended by CS25.207. I presume that requirement has been waived in consideration of the high-angle-of-attack protection in normal law.
I presume that requirement has been waived in consideration of the high-angle-of-attack protection in normal law.
Ok .. so nothing new added .. question not answered.
Be sure (for those who want an answer .. of course) that this question will be on the center of discussions and answered .. but in another room than this one
Personally I have a doubt about the implication of the different flight laws of A330 for be an (good argument) reason for a derogation of the stall alarm certification.
Certification "a la carte" ?
Seem's .. the "menu du jour" is better

Last edited by jcjeant; 22nd Aug 2011 at 23:24.