PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF 447 Thread No. 6
View Single Post
Old 22nd Aug 2011, 12:25
Lyman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AZR thanks. Besides the NOSE not dropping, you mention Buffet. I think it is quite possible that "What was that" (perPF) may have been an exclamation re: BUFFET, not the STALLSTALL. If it was, PF is shy two major clues as to assiete.

Re: "PULL UP" and recover? The a/c I believe would drop the nose at STALL with full elevator, pending cg accurate point. IOW, in spite of PF's PULL, not as a result of, sorry. With FULLNU THS, she won't.....

The fact remains, there was not a conventional entry, and a non-conventional recovery would have worked. I believe it almost did, save for the THS planted FULLNU. Who is to say, that at 4 degrees AoA, just because the STALL warn returns, there isn't a full on recovery in process?

The secret is to exchange vertical for horizontal velocity, and a dive is not required, (Standard recovery from STALL). A dive makes things impossible.
"Fly Through with POWER"....AIRBUS)

Power would have overcome the descent, soon, and without a 20k loss in altitude. So instead of FULLUP, if the PF had maintained back stick at that 4 AoA, (but wait, HOW does he KNOW what stick to keep? ) allowed the engines to power the a/c "through" the ballistic portion of the event, (IT'S in the BOOK), recovery is attained. And, in the traces the PF is shown to be applying his training re: STALLSTALL, and it is "working"; he pulls too hard instead of maintaining only, AND the THS keeps the a/c from recovering.

Apologies for the disjointed writing, had strokes last year.

Oh, and "NOT STALLED". I left out the pinc , majrks, Of course, a Stall, but "What a pilot believes is reality," not STALL/ sorry

In a broad sense, one can say that this airframe flew like a little jewel for these pilots. Better than a little fighter, even.

What did her in I think is the engineers who harpooned her in the ass with that THS.

Last edited by Lyman; 22nd Aug 2011 at 12:40.